Friday, July 29, 2011

A Typical Day

I've spent the majority of my time since I've gotten back to Utah with my nieces and nephews.  I'm constantly with one family or another.  Recently, I have been trying to put together things for my classroom this coming year.  I've always had my mom to help me, but since she is in the Philippines, I've been doing it by myself.  So, combine nieces and nephews and classroom preparation, and you get this:


I did a superhero theme a few years ago and Connor saw my posters from before.  He wanted to keep them, so we compromised, and I said I would draw a few.  However, it turned into a reward system, and every time he helped his mom do what she asked, I would draw him another superhero.  Thankfully, we finally ran out of room on the paper.  The amazing thing is Connor knows who every single one of these characters is, and then some. (For my future reference: Violet--Incredibles; Superman; Dash--Incredibles; Wonderwoman; Robin; Batman; Captain America--Avengers; Iron Man--Avengers; Hawkeye--Avengers; Wolverine--Avengers; Silver Surfer; Spiderman; and Elastigirl--Incredibles)
By the way, my theme this year is Chicago, and big city life. (public transportation, skyscrapers, etc.)  I'll share more about it when I have my room a little more ready.

No comments: